We collect your information when you subscribe online, make a purchase from our website, enter a competition, contact customer service, or otherwise provide your email address. We gather navigational information about where visitors go on our website in order to optimise your user experience and provide better content. Navigational information is aggregated and not personally identifiable.
- Fulfil orders for products you have purchased;
- Contest, promotion, survey, market research, focus group or other site features and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance, to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest);
- Email communications about products, offers and news that may interest you. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive Snake Valley Handmade email messages by subscribing on our website or ticking the checkbox on our customer order form when making online purchases; and
- To analyse visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors in aggregate and also, on a personal level to better understand your interests, so that we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features and promotions that you are most interested in.
When you register online, the information you provide is used to improve your web experience with Snake Valley Handmade by enabling you to obtain a faster checkout for purchases. You can access and update your information at any time by logging in to your account on our site.
The information we ask for when you order online is your name, address, phone number, credit card number and email address. This is used only to complete the order, to confirm the order and to confirm shipment of the order. At checkout, you may be invited to opt-in to receive emails from Snake Valley Handmade for future news and sales. If you check this box, we shall record your email address for the purposes of sending you email communication.
The navigational information allows us to see which areas of our website are most visited and helps us improve the quality of your online experience by recognising and delivering the most desired features and services. Additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) may be collected which will provide information regarding the general use of our website.
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as fulfilling purchases, making data-driven business decisions about new content and products, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you opt-in to receive email and digital marketing.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, such as:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account or order, we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period to continue to deliver information that you have expressed interest in. We retain information from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period from the date the information was created.
We will only send emails to you if you ask for them and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. Our emails exclusive offers for subscribers, advance notice of sales, and product updates. We also use your email address to confirm your order and to confirm shipment of your order and to respond to any enquiries you make online. All marketing emails you receive include links to Unsubscribe, should you wish.
You may request to stop receiving communications from Snake Valley Handmade at any time. You can choose to cancel emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is provided at the bottom of all email correspondence.
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data and implement industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. All payments are processed by our secure third-party payment gateway provider. We do not collect or store your credit card or financial details are never stored by our website. Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after completing your session.